Topic

MSR Elixer 2

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedJan 13, 2014 at 9:33 am

Deleted.

The large weight difference, in my opinion, trumps the benefits that I listed.

Neverrrrr mind.

Jesse Anderson BPL Member
PostedJan 13, 2014 at 9:46 am

While I realize that weight isn't everything, That seems to be the biggest issue with the new Elixer series of tent. At a full pound heavier on the minimum weight, that's pretty significant. Seems like in the sub-$300 tent catergory, the new Quarter Dome tents from REI, and the new non UL Flashlight series from Sierra Designs are a better option.

That said, I know that some people, including you Daryl, prefer more solid fabric inners to extend the seasonal usage of a tent. To which I can argue nothing.

Edit to say that I think the Quarter Dome suffers from some of the same flaws you mentioned in the new Hubba NX series, but it's a fair bit cheaper.

PostedJan 13, 2014 at 10:07 am

Jesse,

Thanks for pointing out the large weight difference. I misread things and thought they were only a couple of ounces apart.

I'm deleting the post.

Jesse Anderson BPL Member
PostedJan 13, 2014 at 10:15 am

Daryl,
It's easy to do with MSR's website. I too, would love to find a solid inner on a standard double wall tent, that doesn't weigh a ton. It looks like there are a number of options coming this year, hopefully at least one, fills that niche.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...