Im hiking the AT this year and I am looking for a good spot near the southern end that my parents would be able to hike with me. Crux is that my mom in not interested in backpacking at all (spending the night), so I'm looking for a good spot to slack pack for either 1 or 2 days. I would prefer if the distance was somewhere in the 10-12 mile range; they are in good shape but wont have trail legs. Any ideas or resources for shuttles?
Topic
AT Slackpack for parents
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
Stay at the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega, GA.
They can slack pack you all thru GA, while spending the night in the nicest, cleanest hostel with the best breakfast that you will ever stay in.
They do this as a big part of their business. Road crossings are very frequent in GA.
8-15 mile sections, average is 11.
Bring dramamine for the shuttle rides in the Ga mountains. Im not kidding.
Become a member to post in the forums.

