Topic

Trangia Titanium

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Trangia Titanium

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

Does anyone know if the Trangia Titanium Saucepan (1L) and Frypan/Lid (18cm) fit together with a snap like their Mini 28 kit does?
    Also, can someone define for me the difference between the 1L Inner and Outer Saucepan?

david epley

@renman

Hi Mike,
    The trangia titanium comes in two pot sizes: The 1 liter reportedly weighs 2.47 oz. and the 1.75 liter is 4.06 oz.
    I don’t know if those wights include the lid. I also don’t know if it snaps the way the aluminum does, but I hope so. Best place to find out is probably http://www.thru-hiker.com forums.

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

Dave,
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did go to thru-hikers site but did not find the infomation I was looking for.
    I have contacted a few of the merchants that sell the Trangia Titanium pots and lids, but have not heard back yet.
    I think if these titanium lids click onto the pot/saucepan, like their Mini-28 set does, it would be a nice enclosed kit without needing a sack to carry your cookset.

david epley

@renman

Mike,

I put an inquiry on the boards at thru-hiker.com and recieved the following response from AYCE:

“RenMan,
    The pots themselves are quite good. Basically they’re exactly the same as the aluminum pots but made out of a thinner thickness of titanium.

The frying pan/lid, though, is a little problematic. Because of the ‘scorch’ problem with thin thicknesses of titanium, Trangia chose to make it thick. This eliminates the weight advantage of titanium, though it does solve the ‘scorch’ problem.

If it were me, I’d go with the titanium pots and stick with the stock aluminum lid/frying pan. The aluminum lid should snap onto the titanium replacement pots just as it did on the stock pot.”

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

Thanks for doing that. I did not post on ThruiHiker, only looked through.
    I greatly appreciate your feedback and effort; and I have my answer that they do snap together.
    Thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools