Topic

Hiking Partner for Sierras 2014 and day hike training partner

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Hiking Partner for Sierras 2014 and day hike training partner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kevin winn

@kevin314gmail-com

Hey BPL,

I’m looking for someone to backpack with in the Sierra, I go to Sierra 2 or 3 time a summer season. I am planning on at least two trips this year. I would like to do some off trail backpacking and interested in having a backpacking partner. My backpacking skill level would be novice to intermediate, I usually backpack solo.

I’m open to difference location, but I have had my eye on Kaweah Basin and Nine lake region in Sequoia. I would like to spend at least one full day off trail durning the trip. I don’t like super long days, more into exploring then racking up miles. The trip length I had in mind were between 2-7 days.
    (8-12 Miles Per Day ish and 4000ft elevation gain or less)

I try to stay in shape with long day hikes, mostly in the LA area. Like MT baldy, I would be interested in have a day hike partner to train with to get ready for the summer season.

Let me know if you interested, I figure we could see if we would be compatible with a couple day hikes. I would be interested to hear about any trip ideas you have, or share some of my plans for upcoming trips.

-Kevin

Jerry Bridgeman
    BPL Member

@jerry2636

Locale: Huntington Beach, Ca.

Hi Kevin,

I am going to the Kaweah Basin this year.
    We can do some day hikes and see how it works.

PM me.

-Jerry

Kevin Burton
    BPL Member

@burtonator

Locale: norcal

Pick some dates and post a trip that you'd like to do… if you post 30-60 days ahead of your trip you can probably get 2-3 people to join you.

I've found it's somewhat harder to organize things 6 months in the future but longer trips like the JMT or PCT require much more coordination.

But if you're looking at 2-7 days lots of us have flexible schedules to just take off.

I know I do.

Hector Luevano

@whatthehector

Probably out of the running to join you in the Summer, but I'm in the LA area if you'd be interested in some day hikes!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools