Topic

DIY Space-bag Pillow X (~2oz, 2.5″ loft, doubles as water container)

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
PostedJan 10, 2014 at 7:26 pm

This method could use improvement so any ideas are welcome. Melting plastic together is an art. Test, test, test. If you try this, don't forget to not melt all the way to the corners, or your pillow won't fill with air all the way. Still doubles as water container. Maybe even water pillow?

So, first I took a metal measuring cup with a flat bottom, heated it up, and melted the plastic in the center of the space bag (the bag that holds the wine inside boxed wine). That was unsatisfactory so I took a metal skewer, heated it on a stove, and copied the Pillow X design. I'm gonna drink another bag and see how it is without the center melt as I think it makes too large of a depression in the center.

It's not bad. Much better than just an inflated space bag. It has a max of ~2.5" loft. Perfect for stomach sleepers.. I need more loft as a side sleeper.

I filled it up with water to see what it would feel like instead of air– it sprung a leak (due to shoddy melt work) before I could really test it, but it felt nice for that short moment. Water pillow!

Space wine bag pillow x

PostedJan 10, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Nice work!

How do you refill it? From the picture is looks as though it just has an exit point.

Microbreweries in the UK often sell "real" ale by the box. In supermarkets I've seen cider (only 7-8% stuff) packaged this way too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...