Topic

MLD Pillow X . . . Anybody use/tried one?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MLD Pillow X . . . Anybody use/tried one?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

I'm curious. I have an old Kooka Bay pillow that came with a winter inflatable I have, but I really like the looks of the X for being an inflatable that offers a little nesting/sinking for the head or face. So, do you have or use one? Has anyone told you they love or hate it? Thanks in advance for the help. Difficult to research beyond Ron's page at the MLD site here: http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=207

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Brian, I just got one from GofastandLight.com here in the Bay Area. I should get it in a few days.

Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

Jay, Thanks. Look forward to hearing your thoughts. Brian

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

These are made by klymit and I actually just sold one in gear swap.

I didnt sleep a full night on it.. just tried it out on the floor. it was ok. It cradled the head nicely. only reason I sold it cus it didn't have tabs, like my exped ul pillow, to strap to my pad.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

FWIW, this pillow is also part of Klymit's new O Zone pad:
    http://www.klymit.com/index.php/products-1/sleeping-pads/inertia-o-zone.html

Sara C
    BPL Member

@saracr

Locale: SE Missouri and NW Arkansas

I like it a lot better than other inflatables I've tried, including the Montbell pillow. My head stays on it and it doesn't feel "bouncy".

david
    Spectator

@davidvcd

How are they compared to the exped pillows ? They are my favorites so far but I don't neet the tab attachments. I only sleep on my back.

Patrick Baker
    BPL Member

@f1prb22

I slept in mine last night in the bed, along with my regular pillows, and it was OK, no issues, and it seems as though the X design may pan out as an improvement over the 1.7oz "wine bag pillow" I am using. I also got mine at GofastandLight.com for a good intro price. Although its box is labeled 1.9oz, it was 2oz out of the box, and 2.1oz this morning after inflation, or 59 grams if I recall correctly.

David White
    BPL Member

@davidw

Locale: Midwest

Does the polyester have a "plasticy" feel next to the skin? The design and weight look great IF I don't have to add a cotton pillow case to make it useable.

Scott Hayden
    BPL Member

@spiffyguy

I would like to know how it compares to an Exped UL. I was thinking about getting one but saw the X pillow. Decisions lol

Aaron D
    Spectator

@ardavis324-2-2-2

Got mine in mail today. I'd say it feels surprisingly silky, not as plasticky as I imagined. Feels really comfy when back sleeping, however a little thin if side sleeping. I'm a side sleeper so I plan on putting something under it for an inch or two more height.

Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

i'm considering this pillow. Any more experience with it? Particularly side sleepers.

Aaron D
    Spectator

@ardavis324-2-2-2

I've used it about 10 nights now. Side sleeper 90% of the time. If my pillow at home is a 10, i'd rate this a 6 if used by itself. It's not quite thick enough to put my head/neck at a comfortable angle. The fabric isn't that cozy against the skin all night either. It was much better with my down jacket wrapped around it. I do still like that you can nestle your head in it so that there is no pressure on your ear. It's better than other options, especially considering the weight. I plan on continuing to use it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools