I'm working on finalizing an itinerary for a 13-day solo JMT SOBO, starting from Tuolumne in mid-July. I think I have the itinerary pretty well worked out, but I wanted to throw this up here, since I know there's a lot of Sierra expertise on BPL. Any comments you guys have on my trailhead logistics or the hike itself would be really appreciated, especially on the back end (getting back from Lone Pine). I'm really pushing my luck with what my work is willing to let me do with respect to time off, so I'm pretty constrained.
Getting There:
Arrive at SFO evening of 7/11, stay with a friend outside of the city or grab a hotel
7/12- 12:45 Amtrak/Yarts combo to Yosemite Valley (SF Ferry Building/Emeryville/Merced/Yosemite)
7/13- Putter around the valley
7/14- Tuolumne hiker's bus to TM, depart from Lyell Canyon trailhead ca. 10:30/11
Getting Back:
7/26- Hitch to Lone Pine from Whitney Portal, stay overnight at a hostel
7/27- Shuttle to Mammoth Lakes (expensive, but as far as I can tell, there's no ESTA on Sundays), then fly from airport to PHL (via LAX)
Hiking itinerary (with daily mileage)(Landmarks are approximate):
Lyell Canyon TH to Marie Lakes Tr (16.4)
Marie Lakes to Beck Lakes (16.7)
Beck Lakes to Purple Lake (16.7)
Purple Lake to Lake Edison Tr (14.7)
Lake Edison Tr to Senger Crk (16.2)
Senger Crk to N Evolution Lk (19.3)(Resupply at MTR in the AM)
N Evolution Lk to Bishop Pass Tr (camp ~.5mi past trail jct)(15.1)
Bishop Campsite to Upper Palisade Lk (11.6)
Upp Palisade Lk to Sawmill Pass Tr (16.8)
Sawmill Pass Tr to (Near) Bubbs Crk Tr (15.2)
Nr Bubbs Crk Tr to Shepherd's Pass Tr (13.2)
Shep Pass Tr to Guitar Lake (11.2)
Guitar Lake to Whitney Portal via Whitney Summit (16)
The itinerary is mostly informed by the Erik the Black atlas, with input from the Wenk guide and a lot of various data collections from the JMT Yahoo group. I tried to be reasonably mindful of the elevation profiles, but probably didn't do a great job in places.
Any thoughts on site selection/choices of where to take big days (and where not to) would be appreciated. I tried to be reasonable with distances (it's a lot easier to plot out 20 miles on a mpa than it is to hike it.) Obviously, the most questionable choice is the 19.1 mile day that will have the last 14-15 miles with a freshly loaded pack (ca. 30lb)
Background- I do most of my hiking on the East Coast, and usually do 15-20 mile days. This will be my longest hike by about 100 miles and 5 days, so there's a lot of new concerns for me. (Did the Wonderland Trail in August over 8 days without much trouble.)
If you're reading this far down into the post, thanks for taking the time. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

