Topic

Fun weekend with my two youngest daughters

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Fun weekend with my two youngest daughters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Manfred
    BPL Member

@orienteering

My two youngest daughters decided last weekend that it was time to "walk the Manfred". Cabin fever is slowly setting in for me, which the kids noticed. Just like their mom is saying to their brothers "it's time to walk the dog", when their dogs get unruly in the house, our youngest daughters felt it's time to "walk the Manfred". I guess it helped that they were slowly bored of their Winter Break.
    The girls wanted to combine our backpacking trip with fishing and asked whether they could try out our packrafts. Who could say "no" to a wide-eyed 10 year old asking you to go fishing – even if it means you have to carry a packraft for her? Or in my case carry two packrafts so the 12 year old can go fishing in her own packraft.
    It was a fantastic weekend. We hiked only 5 miles to a lake – which was far enough to have the place to ourselves. The girls spent the better part of two days on the lake and had a blast. They really like the packrafts and I can already see how our sons might have to fight their little sisters on a given weekend to get the packrafts for whitewater rafting. The following photos give an impression of the weekend. I feel very lucky to have kids who want to walk me when they think I need to get out.

Backpacking with Natalie and Hannah
    Natalie and Hannah in packrafts
    Natalie and Hannah exploring every corner of the lake
    Having fun at the campfire

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Manfred,

You should teach some parenting classes. You're doing something right!

My daughters aren't quite up for this kind of thing, yet. Someday soon!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools