Topic

Pro Balaclava Alternative

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Anthony Huhn BPL Member
PostedJan 6, 2014 at 7:35 pm

I saw a cottage industry site a month or two ago where there were maybe hald a dozen products and one of them was a primaloft or polargaurd balaclava similar to the old BPL 60/90 ones.

If anyone knows which site that was could you please post here. I need something to supplement my cold weather quilt… Its -10 in Michigan right now.

Anthony

EDIT:

Dang, found it like 3 seconds after I gave up

http://astucas.com/en/clothing/sestrals-balaclava

PostedJan 6, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Looks interesting. Please post a review if you buy one. I know a lot of folks will be interested in a possible replacement for the old BPL Cocoon balaclava.

Anthony Huhn BPL Member
PostedJan 6, 2014 at 8:02 pm

I think for the price I'll probably toss something together.
I've got a momentum and apex already.

Anthony

Bob Gross BPL Member
PostedJan 6, 2014 at 8:29 pm

If you want a cost effective synthetic balaclava, then I suggest you look to Amazon.com and look for a military style helmet liner. Some of them are black, and some are OD Green. The military issue ones are plentiful, and the Chinese knockoffs are even more plentiful.

You can wear it on top of your head like a pile cap. You can fold the ear flaps down for when it gets cold. Then you can fold the sides down again around your chin and it forms a balaclava with only your face showing.

Last time I looked for one of these, it cost me $12.50 with shipping included.

–B.G.–

PostedJan 9, 2014 at 1:13 am

Hi there,

I'm Marco from As Tucas.

Just to note that in a couple of weeks there will be available a PRO version of the balaclava with an improved face opening. It will provide more versatility for those who use the balaclava not only for sleeping, but extensively while on camp or on trail.

Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...