Topic

S2S nano netting inside a trailstar?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedJan 5, 2014 at 8:17 am

I'd like to try out my new trailstar on a trip to big bend in 2 weeks…but most of the advice I'm getting is that I need some bug protection from crawly things.

This looks like a pretty nice compromise…I was planning on using my MLD solo innernet inside, but I'm kind of intrigued by this, paired with maybe some tyvek to protect against pokey things sticking into my mattress.

Or am I being too cautious about needing some crawly protection? I'm a total desert noob here….

USA Duane Hall BPL Member
PostedJan 5, 2014 at 9:12 am

Netting comes out to 3.1 oz., stuff sack is .3 oz., just got one in the mail Saturday. I'm still up in the air over a new shelter. Ground level wind protection or shaped tarp or flat tarp for a real light shelter. Enjoy your trip. 16F here this AM after coming back from car camping.
Duane

Ryan Smith BPL Member
PostedJan 5, 2014 at 11:06 am

I have one and really like it. Good compromise between no protection and a full net tent style setup. You probably don't need any creepy crawly protection, but if you are like me, just worrying about it will affect your sleep. I would take one along if I were in your shoes.

Ryan

Edward Jursek BPL Member
PostedJan 5, 2014 at 11:35 am

There is a thread somewhere about the S2S nano netting and it was pretty positive. I am getting one to use in my Duomid and Gatewood Cape. For the Gatewood, I will need to figure out a groundsheet, and I am leaning towards a simple polycryo groundsheet. I don't need a bivy and have been disappointed by the weight of most of the bug options out there. I hope the S2S nano does the trick. Looks like the nano now has a draw cord closure that will allow you to cinch it up around your mattress to keep the bugs out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...