Topic

Looking for a utensil to fit inside my caldera cone caddy…

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Steven Hall BPL Member
PostedJan 4, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Does anyone have a utensil that they can fit inside their caldera cone with everything else? I've like sparks and now sea to summit and optimus make folding ones that I'm guessing would fit inside. Anyone have any suggestions or does anyone use either of these and have any feedback?

Thanks!

PostedJan 4, 2014 at 5:40 pm

I use a cut down and sanded REI spoon that fits into my setup. For $1 and five minutes of work, you can get a custom length 7 utensil!

Diane Pinkers BPL Member
PostedJan 4, 2014 at 5:58 pm

I like the MSR folding utensils, easy to clean and to carry in my cook pot inside my Caldera cone.

Thomas Willard BPL Member
PostedJan 4, 2014 at 6:26 pm

I cut down a long handled spork to fit but then realized the advantages of it being long were gone. I ended up getting another long handled spork and attached a micro-biner to it and clip it to the mesh on my outside pocket (but keep it inside the mesh).

Steven Hall BPL Member
PostedJan 4, 2014 at 6:28 pm

yah i have a sea to summit one with a tiny biner on it that i thought I may just through on the outside of the pack…

anyone use either of these folding sparks?

Jason Mahler BPL Member
PostedJan 5, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I haven't done it, but it seems like you could cut a long handled spoon in half, punch a hole in each section, overlap the holes, and toss a small bolt and wingnut through the hole. When you want it long, just rotate the handle out and tighten the wingnut so it doesn't spin on you while eating. There may be lighter methods than a bolt and wingnut. Other than adding weight, this would make the spoon a bit shorter because it would have to overlap.

Another option would be to chop the spoon in half, then take each end and form it to a circle. Make the one end bigger than the other and then you can wedge them together.

Jon Leibowitz BPL Member
PostedJan 5, 2014 at 12:29 pm

I'd like to see someone create a sturdy spork in the same design as Zpack's toothbrush. Two small pieces that "clip" together. Anything like that out there?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...