Topic

A new cottage gear company? Whaaa?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) A new cottage gear company? Whaaa?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Good point Thomas. Apparently even arcturusgear.com is already taken too! Dang, even outsidetheboxgear.com is taken as well… Drats, foiled yet again.

I'm going to take a BPL vacation for a bit. Might stop in once in a while, mostly to read, but i'm really going to try to limit my posting.

Thank you all for the advice, suggestions, encouragement, and general support. Best early b-day present a BPL member could get. :)

tyler marlow

@like-sisyphus

Locale: UTAH

You've got some designs I've considered bringing out as well! Stuff I've wanted to make for myself and stuff I thought would sell.

If things pan out ill be doing trail work for three months and then the CDT, and I'd love to give your stuff a shot if you want a tester :)

Mark Baker
    BPL Member

@blewkitty

My wife has a small women clothes business she sold a lot of units but the unit profit is pretty small, and one miscalculation in style changes meant inventory spoilage which would eat the profit up very quickly. She has scaled back and figured out what is less fickle and where to sell that makes money, Its become a hobby that finally after many years makes a little money as a result. Make sure you are realistic about what product you pick and your financial numbers jive so you can stay in business.

If you do decide to go into the business of External lightweight custom Packs similar zimmerpacks raise your hand I will take a look.

Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools