Topic

Any recent thoughts on the Eddie Bauer BC-200?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
PostedJan 4, 2014 at 6:41 am

Anyone have any thoughts about how waterproof and breathable this jacket is? It's currently on sale but even at $159 it's something that I want to be sure of. I know that they have a nice return policy but I'd rather just get something right the first time.

Thanks,
John

PostedJan 4, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Never used it but tried it on tonight and liked it. My local store at Tyson's Corner Mall in McLean, VA had one in green in a size large on a 50% off rack. If that's your size and you decide to get it it might be worth calling them and seeing if they'll ship it to you. Even with shipping it'll be at least $50 cheaper than the website.

PostedJan 5, 2014 at 1:03 am

Too bad it's not my size. Didn't know the stores would be different than the site. Good to know. There is an EB outlet about 50 miles from here. I'll give them a call and see if they have any.

PostedJan 5, 2014 at 6:30 am

The store pricing can be different AND the retail stores should all have the same pricing, or they will match the price to your local store (or in this case the VA store). Shipping from store is a flat rate $6.99 as well…plus some states don't have sales tax on clothing.

I just went thru this getting a couple pairs of the FA Uprising jeans ($80) for $27/pair…shipped from MN to STL…$6.99/no tax.

BTW…I have the BC-200 and really like it, although I wish it had pit zips. I think it's a nice balance of weight and utility.

-Mark in St. Louis

PostedJan 5, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Good to know Mark. How do you like those jeans? I've been looking to get some climbing jeans and had looked at those so it might be worth seeing if I can find them too.

PostedJan 5, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Hey Dustin…I haven't received them yet. Your local store can check 48hr old inventory at stores nationwide…then just call the stores to confirm any stock. I ended up calling 2 different stores in MN and bought them from the 2nd one because they had 2 pairs left.

-Mark

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...