Ya’ll,
I’ll be attending a buddies wedding in Southern California this July, so I decided to make a backpacking vacation out of it. I’m looking for suggestions and I’m in a bit of a time crunch as the submittal date for my permit will be coming up soon. I bought a Trails Illustrated map for Yosemite yesterday and am a little overwhelmed by the options. Here are a few bullet points of what kind of experience I’m looking for:
-A solid 4 to 6 day trip with daily mileage as low as 10 miles and as high as 20.
-A few good fishing lakes along the way would be very ideal.
-Loops are of course desirable and I don’t mind going off trail for connections as long as I’m not doing anything more than moderate class 3 scrambling.
-I know it may be impossible some days, but it would be nice to get away from the masses when hiking.
-I wouldn’t mind hiking in the high alpine as I drool over some of the photos of the high Sierra that are often times posted here.
-What else am I missing?

