I'm dreaming here….but some day I'd like to buy a cabin ideally within an hour or so of SeKi. (west side)
Anyone have any suggestions for areas? Towns? etc? Any good sites for cabin hunting?
Topic
Buy a cabin near Kings Canyon/ Sequoia west entrances?
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
I know some people have used Yurts as cabins to get around excessive building codes (they are "temporary" structures). If you found a nice piece of property maybe putting a yurt on it would work.
It's a long way to a grocery store.
–B.G.–
I'm retiring soon, I can be your caretaker! As long as I don't actually have to take care of anything, of course….
I actually don't mind the long trip to the grocery store if it means being closer to Seki. I'll just stock up on mountain house and eat that!!! ;)
Seems like there's a bunch of cabins for sale near tahoe…but not so much near Seki….I'll keep searching. Wish me luck.
Why does it need to be on the west side of SEKI? There are lots of trailheads on the east side.
–B.G.–
Easier year round access from my home in San Jose.
If I can't find anything affordable on this side…I may consider the east.
I'm picturing Ron Swanson's cabin from parks and rec. Just a simple 2 bed, 1 bath.
Again…I might be dreaming here…
Search "Cabin" in the real estate section of Craigslist. I search through our local listings every now and then and there's usually 6-12 listed on or adjacent to federal land in Chinook Pass Washington. Maybe you'll find something that way.
Thanks for the suggestion!
So far I found this http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/51723-N-Highway-245_Miramonte_CA_93641_M14216-43387?source=web
Maybe a little too rustic…but it's a start ;)
That cabin looks pretty cool. Too bad there isn't a bit more privacy from the neighbors.
It's always interesting for me to see what's out there. I found a 200 square foot dry cabin on five acres for $20k earlier today. Looked promising but then learned that you can't build on the property and I suspect the cabin isn't a legal building.
I've kinda had the same idea too. I'd probably prefer the eastside though.
you should check out the Huntington lake area. lots of cabins for sale in that area..
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/79-Courtright-Vlg-Courtright-CA-93664/2111178923_zpid/
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/60909-Bear-Paw-Ln-87-Lakeshore-CA-93634/2111445848_zpid/
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/52347-Elder-Road-Camp-Sierra-Big-Creek-CA-93605/2112304787_zpid/
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/Meadow-Ln-LOT-67-North-Fork-CA-93643/2109370896_zpid/
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/Forest-Rd-LOT-104-North-Fork-CA-93643/2110763301_zpid/
I use trulia.com for real estate searches. Pay close attention to water availability for a property out in the boondocks.
I am looking / dreaming as well. For me it's about 5 acres, water, no structure at this point ( $$$) but zoned to allow for it.
There are a bunch of nice homes up in Mineral King at 8,000 feet, but it's a really long drive to get up there, and the road snows out in the winter…
Me too. I use the MAP to search. Be sure the "Search Map" button is checked and you can pan around any area and see all the properties for sale within the map. LandWatch.com is good too, but not as user-friendly, in my opinion.
Become a member to post in the forums.

