Topic

quick question about MB ex light

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
PostedJan 3, 2014 at 7:44 am

A friend lent me his Montbell Ex Light one camping trip and I really liked it (he purchased his in july 2013). So I got one for christmas, and when I took it out of the package and put it on the nylon was terribly loud, crinkly, and quite plasticky feeling. The one I used was so nice and soft…

Does anyone know if MB changed their nylons, or perhaps wearing it a bit softens it up?? I've never seen this before with 7D, but I don't really know that much about this stuff. I'm just going by what I feel…

Any thoughts??

Richard Lyon BPL Member
PostedJan 3, 2014 at 1:16 pm

MontBell had trouble with the fabric on the original Ex Light, introduced winter 2008-09, and changed the following year. Mine was pre-change and I found the fabric fairly comfortable but very down-leaky. I'm now testing the new Plasma, which I believe has the same fabric [though different stitching]. Doesn't seem particularly crinkly to me but I've not had much exposure of bare skin to fabric. Not crinkly though, and after 10-15 days out no down lost.

M B BPL Member
PostedJan 3, 2014 at 4:40 pm

I purchased one a yr ago that is 2013, not crinkly at all IMO.
It retains wrinkles after being stuffed pretty badly though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...