Topic

MYOG frustrations

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
PostedJan 2, 2014 at 2:16 pm

And when you were done, did you make dinner with your Easy Bake Oven? ….

David Thomas BPL Member
PostedJan 2, 2014 at 2:26 pm

I've decided the pointy bits and sharp knife on my Swiss Army Classic are too dangerous. So:Kiddie Scissors

PostedJan 2, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Ah, i figured out why you are frustrated, you forgot tea time but of course!

(i apologize if this is in actuality a serious thread.. sometimes i can't tell these things)

PostedJan 3, 2014 at 6:51 am

My niece received that singer sewing machine for Christmas and I was trying to get it going. It was quite difficult compared to my home machine. I though it was pretty funny when I saw the photo.

PostedJan 5, 2014 at 1:47 pm

What are you trying to make in the photo?

My girlfriend managed to procure me an old toshiba machine so I gave it a go and (after some trouble getting the bobbin in right) I managed to make a few stuff sacks and last night just finished a bath tub groundsheet.

Very proud of myself. Not sure what to make next…!

Getting hold of materials is my main issue here in the UK, these forums provide more than enough inspiration.

PostedJan 5, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Ben,
I wasn't trying to make anything. I was trying to get my niece's Christmas gift wording and thought it produced a funny picture. I actually make all my gear on an old Pfaff 130 and have had 0 problems with it. This little toy machine was causing all kinds of trouble.

As far as materials go. Zpacks seems to have pretty decent shipping rates if you like cuben fiber. I use them for about 90 percent of my materials.

PostedJan 5, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Ha! I love this photo.

I can totally visualize your little niece shooting you with a cold hard stare from across the room while you try to live up to your family reputation as the man who knows his way around a sewing machine. "Uncle Jim is breaking it!!!"

When did toys become so darn complicated anyway? This year was a nightmare!

Thanks for the chuckle.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Loading...