Topic

Best size of stuff sack for my Revelation 30 degree quilt?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedJan 1, 2014 at 8:00 pm

I am using it with a HMG Windrider 2400 and also have a Notch tarptent stuffed in there.

I'd rather not overcompress the bag, but I also don't have a whole ton of spare room.

I am wanting to buy a Zpacks dry bag for it, and want to know what size would be appropriate before I order.

Suggestions?

PostedJan 1, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Ha! I have the same bag and was asking myself the same questions when I got it. It came with a 12 or 13 L stuff sack, and I read Tim say somewhere here on BPL to "stuff away," as down is quite hardy and resistant to crushing. However, recently I have used a large size Reynolds turkey bag (huge, 43L), put it in the bottom of my pack, and let the rest of the items on top "sort it out" and reduce the bag to the necessary size.

PostedJan 4, 2014 at 1:54 am

Don't know if it helps, but I just got a size small Sea to Summit eVent compression stuft/dry sack for mine and love it.

M B BPL Member
PostedJan 4, 2014 at 7:20 am

get the medium drybag.
you will be able to compress/roll it down to the size of a cantaloupe if you want.

This is what Joe provides with his bags
I have two, and use them for my quilts.

right size to fit horizontal at bottom of most packs too.

PostedJan 4, 2014 at 7:34 am

+1 for getting a large garbage compactor bag or turkey bag (I ended up buying the zpacks cuben pack liner…LOVE it!!) and cloud packing the quilt in that, then setting stuff on top. That way the bag is as compressed as it needs to be, and fills out the pack nicely without empty (ie wasted) spaces inside the pack

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...