I have noticed over the years that the wind tends to chill my Montbell Alpine XXL down jacket. I only use the jacket when it is going to be 25 and below and about half the time the wind is 10mph or more at that temperature around where I am. I used to have a DriDucks XXL jacket to wear over top of this to stop it but the jacket seems to be missing and it was about the only thing I could find at the time that would fit over the Alpine. I thought would ask if there were any other better or more durable suggestions before I bought a new set. Thanks.
Topic
Better wind block for a down jacket?
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
I believe the Frog Toggs come in three different weights. If you have been using the Dri Ducks UL weight, you might want to go up one weight for durability.
See:
http://www.froggtoggs.com/mens/mens-jackets-all-weather.html
Wow you are a big guy. Have you ever considered just wearing a tent?
What is the real difference between the Ultralite and Ultralite2? Actually I don't mind the durability too much.
If you don't care about the looks too much, you could seal up the sewn through baffles with some seam grip or silicone. Won't exactly get rid of the cold spots, but should stop wind from cutting through the sewn through areas. Would be the lightest option. You could do this from inside the jacket to keep the outside looking good.
Actually, the jacket is box baffled.
Well, then i'm baffled! har har har. Seal seams on both sides then?
Become a member to post in the forums.

