Topic

Anyone try the Vargo BOT on a Super Cat stove? Calling upon stove gurus here.

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Rusty Beaver BPL Member
PostedDec 29, 2013 at 10:11 am

The stove in question looks like the first pic in this thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=42874&startat=20

I'm concerned that with the narrower BOT, much of the heat will be lost up the sides and I won't be able to get a boil in one burn. (I currently fill my Super Cat with alcohol up to the bottom of the holes).

On my Super Cat, I'm currently using the largest pot in the following Snow Peak set with good success: http://www.snowpeak.com/cookware/backpacking/3-piece-titanium-cookset-stw-001t.html

However, its base is slightly bigger than the BOT…but the Snow Peak base is far more rounded. Perhaps as much heat would go up the sides of this Snow Peak pot as would the more squared off BOT base. ??

Anyone?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Loading...