Topic

durability of O.P. Saks?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) durability of O.P. Saks?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Hello: After my daughter left for Nanjing taking the clipn"seal with her we got infested by about 10 mice in sequence. They hit the Opsak and chewed thru to get nothing, but obviously detected our handling of it on the outside despite being careful-gloves etc. I'm beginning to think better think one use although Nylofume and metallized bags are out there.Then again Hunger is an Implacable Foe.

Heath Pitts
    BPL Member

@heathpitts

Locale: Nashville

Thanks Sam and John for your responses. Sam, your response about not needing to hang the pack is exactly what I'm wanting. I've always wondered how the people that use their packs as part of their sleep system do that and not worry about attracting animals. Maybe they just risk it. Would black bears be more or less likely to be able to smell the remnants of food vapors on your clothes than grizzlies?

Ben H.
    BPL Member

@bzhayes

Locale: No. Alabama

"….Would black bears be more or less likely to be able to smell the remnants of food vapors on your clothes than grizzlies?"

The way I understand it, bears have a sense of smell much better than we usually even comprehend. They don't just smell food, they can smell how there is. With food vapor remnants they just won't bother.

Heath Pitts
    BPL Member

@heathpitts

Locale: Nashville

Interesting. That makes me think that I will be OK even with the small pinholes in the bag. It isn't like I don't smell while I am out there

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools