Topic

waterfi a Kindle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) waterfi a Kindle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

Does anyone have any experience with a Kindle paperwhite that has had the waterfi treatment?

http://waterfi.com/

The fact that you don't need to deal with illuminating the screen with a flashlight and glare from that, combined with the waterproofness while packrafting, etc. appeals to me. It seems from the ads to add some resistance to dust/sand/food particulates, too.

The weight penalty is reportedly only 1 and 1/8 ounces. Lighter than the plastic case covers.

steven franchuk

@surf

I haven't used this product. However the Kindle is charged through a USB connector. The connector itself must not be coated otherwise the wires would not conduct electricity and the kindle wouldn't charge. Also water in contact with the us connector when it is charging would cause the wires to rapidly corrode.

I am very sceptical of claims on the web site.

Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

Hey Tim. Good questions. We've developed a special process to protect the port even after continual use. That will not affect the waterproofing. The Kindle comes with a full one year warranty, which covers pretty much everything you can imagine, except theft. If it somehow got damaged by water, we would replace the unit for you up to a year from the purchase date.

Matt

Marc Britten

@yugami

sounds like they use one of the newer nanoparticle coatings that have been hitting the market over the last year or so.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools