I have a problem of sleeves being a bit too long on a number of shirts & jackets. Sometimes the extra length comes in handy, so don't want to cut it away. But there must be a better system of rolling up sleeves than I've got. Does someone make a clever device to hold rolled sleeves in place, such as a "fabric friendly paperclip" or something? Buttons? Velcro? Safety pin? (Not good for rain gear!) Rubber Bands? What are my options for rolling and securing sleeves on lightweight gear, that doesn't damage, poke, or shred?
Topic
Of Sleeves A Bit Too Long…
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
Is there a long-haired person in your life? Semi-worn out hair bands are usually better than rubber.
Actually, yes, there is. I made one of those long haired types about a decade ago. (Well, wife helped a little.) I'll check with her.
Edit: Tried these and lost them within a half hour. They just popped off. Will try again.
Have you tried an alternative to a classic sleeve garter? I.e. a elastic band or shock cord with the right knot, but attaching it to gather the fabric just below your elbow (instead of your wrist). Might be more out of your way than around your hand, where also your jacket and gloves come together.

If I could find a garter I'd try it! I don't recall seeing those for sale anywhere.
How about an adjustable loop knot in a thin elastic cord? The commercial garters might be too loose p or too tight anyway. With thin elastic cord like you have on some packs and an adjustbale knot it's easy to regulate, and cheap..
As worn by accountants and (I think) Elliot Ness.
Cheers
My dad had a cobbler put a button in a puffy jacket that had sleeves too wide. Not ultralight but he's very happy with the solution. He's a fisherman more than a backpacker. If you're interested, I can post a picture next week.
Edit-just read that you are dealing with a shirt. Not sure if this will help.
Become a member to post in the forums.

