Topic

Ski Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Ski Pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ryan P. Murphy
    BPL Member

@rmurphy

Locale: Virginia

I made this ski pack and a pair of neoshell ski pants for my girlfriend for Christmas. Ive made a handful of packs in the past but this is my first panel loader and far and away my most complicated pack build. It's not particularly light, although lighter than most similarly equipped commercially available packs I think. Main materials are 1000d Cordura, with big burly #10 zips. It has an ice axe attachment point and side ski straps for A frame carry. It has a fleece lined top goggle pocket with a small ditty pocket sewn on the exterior of the goggle compartment inside the main pack body. Inside there's a removable sit pad and a shovel and probe pocket. The random female buckle over the right shoulder is for the attachment of a quick release loop for diagonal ski carry (with the addition of another removable strap that attaches on the lower left)

We're going to be at Jay in Vermont for New Years, then two weeks in Colorado and Utah after so she should be able to give it a good workout pretty soon. Right now it's all wrapped up just waiting to be opened.view of the axe attachment and sideside view<inimg src="/backpackinglight/user_uploads/1387520559_94950.jpg" alt="d" width="480" height="640">

Chad Lorenz
    BPL Member

@chadl

Locale: Teton Valley, Wydaho

Awesome! Looks great.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools