Topic

Roan on Sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Roan on Sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

GoLite roan is on sale for $130 today. I may grab this as a present for my sister. Does anyone know if this year's version is still box wall construction for the womens? It doesn't mention it anywhere on the site.

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

It looks like it is box wall construction. It has about the same amount of down as the bitteroot but the baffle lines are not as deep so that suggests that it still is box wall… Weird they don't actually mention that.

Of course I could be tricking myself into seeing/thinking that. Also, could be the larger baffle sizes that make it look that way. Could always call them and ask

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

One of the recent commenters said: For a jacket that is closed seamed versus true baffles, the warmth is great. …

Don't know if it's true, just passing on more info.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Just did a live chat on the GoLite site. According to the person I chatted with: "Sewn through, however on the front of the jacket that is an extra panel to help with the wind."

(I'm home sick and bored.)

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

This link:

http://sectionhiker.com/golite-roan-plateau-800-hooded-down-jacket/

States sewn through, toward the bottom of the page.

EDIT: Do'h, Doug beat me to it.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Too bad. I got a confirmation from Golite today as well. Apparently it's been sewn thru for a while but I remember them being box wall all of just 3 years ago. Anywho it's a shame. For the weight and down fill I'd rather invest the extra benjamin on something else for my lady friend. Till then she shivers!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

"Till then she shivers!"

At least give her a warm hug….

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Lol. She actually snagged a pata down sweater at an REI garage sale taht is being fixed currently (broken zipper) and she has a very sweet thrift store find. Some italian designed down puffy. Weighs 18oz, as thick as my MHW Phantom and even has a two way front zip. The only issue is it has absolutely ZERO water resistance and she wants to keep it to city life.

Her only hooded piece is an Atom LT though so I wanted to get her a big puffy belay coat with a hood before dragging her on my first short snowshoe trip and her first backpacking trip (she's a trooper and we've been gearing her up for snow time adventures, so if I can shock her out of the fear of cold the rest is smooth sailing). So the quest for a proper hooded down piece continues.

She fell in love a rab infinity so if I can ever find an XS on sale again may just splurge, but for the price I may wait until sastrugis are back in stock on theclymb and then just put up with her complaining of being too warm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools