Topic

Stoic hadron cuffs elastic

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Velimir Kemec BPL Member
PostedDec 16, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Hi,

I think my wrists are tinny but once I pull on Stoic hadron the wrist cuffs are very tight which I find rather anyoing.
I think the elastic in cuff is just to strong and it press my wrist I feel I am getting cold hands from
Decreased blood flow.

Any tips how to loosen up the elastic cuffs? I appologize if this was already covered in another thread which I obviously cant find. Thanks!

Cheers

Tad Englund BPL Member
PostedDec 16, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Velimir, I had the same problem. Skinny wrists but the elastic was too tight. I came up with a solution that worked.
I have a bunch of IKEA cups (that my kids used when they were little- now the grandkids use them) and I stuck one in each arm. I store the jacket this way.
That seemed to do the trick- I didn't use the Hadron for any extended trip early on so I don’t know how long the stretch lasted during use, but I have always stored the jacket with the cups in and now I leave them out a week or more and the elastic stays just where I want it.
I push the cup so the top is at the top of the elastic.
I doesn’t totally stretch out the elastic, it still retains some elasticity (just the right amount, and I’m picky about my wrists).

I do expect at some time the elastic will get old and wear out but that would happen regardless and I’ll finish the sleeves with a banding like my other thinner puffy’s. But that won’t be for a few years from now at the least.

Hadron with cup

PostedDec 16, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I used to have a Hadron. At first I thought the cuffs were annoying. But I got used to them and after a while they didn't bother me. I also liked that they kept the down away from my hands.

Garth Collier BPL Member
PostedDec 16, 2013 at 9:06 pm

I loved my Stoic Hadron as it was the best fitting and most comfortable jacket for the price BUT i couldn't get on with the wrist elastic. I have slim wrists and i could put up with it during the day time. The deal breaker was when i slept in it and woke with both hands numb from lack of circulation. Solution, I sent it back for a refund…

PostedDec 16, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I do the cups solution as well. Just store it with the elastic stretched out and it'll loosen up with time. Mine is perfect now.

Velimir Kemec BPL Member
PostedDec 22, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Hi,
thank you guys for the tips. I am def. keeping the jacket!


@Tad
"I have a bunch of IKEA cups" lucky I have them to and thanks for a simple solution.
I started to cry thinking OMG I can't wear this beauty for the cuffs sake…silly I know:)..

Cheers

PostedDec 23, 2013 at 3:26 am

I have the new one, the brand is bc.com, not stoic. The cuffs are pretty good!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...