Topic

Boreas Buttermilk 40 $99 at the Climb

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Joe S BPL Member
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I checked out a 55 at REI, not UL but seemed like a quality pack. At $99 for the 40, I might pick it up. It's a lot of pack for the money. Any experience? I noticed that some had compression straps that ran through the a hole lower pocket so they did into jam your water bottle, but some not have that hole. New model year?

Steve K BPL Member
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I have a Buttermilks 55. It's been my primary pack since I bought it a year and a half ago and I've put hundreds of miles on it. I love this pack. It's simple, the fabrics are burly and take tons of abuse, and it's just overall a fantastic pack for me and all my uses. A Zpacks Multipack fits nicely on top if you ever change your mind and need a lid, too.

I recently sent it in because I managed to break the aluminum stays, and they are sending me back a brand new one, no hassle.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat if I had to.

Joe S BPL Member
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 5:02 pm

How does the 55 compress? I just don't think I'd be up at 55 hardly ever, like to use a tarp and don't do week longs or winter. Thanks for the info, very helpful.

Steve K BPL Member
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Packs down pretty small. I've used it as a daypack for excursions on multi-day trips instead of carrying a separate "summit" pack. The compression straps (2 on each side) are quite sufficient for bringing it down to a manageable size, but beware that the side pockets go under the compression straps.

Ito Jakuchu BPL Member
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 8:45 pm

I have a Muirwoods, love it. I had my eye on that Buttermilk 40 for the longest time but theClymb won't send outside the U.S. :(

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...