Topic

Stove Pipe Tent Alteration

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Does anyone know of a company that might alter a Golite teepee style tent so that I can use a small wood stove in it. I am not sure if the alteration is for a shoe or whatever to be installed in one of the walls

Many thanks

Paddy (Kevin)

PostedDec 14, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Kevin,
You can buy the stove boot ready made from Ruta Locura or Titanium Goat.
A local seamstress (or yourself) should then be able to sew it in.

PostedDec 14, 2013 at 3:22 pm

You might send John at Bearpaw Wilderness an email. He sells them and should be able to alter it.

David Chenault BPL Member
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Seek Outside offers this service, are very experienced at doing so, and make a good boot.

PostedDec 14, 2013 at 4:09 pm

While I suppose about any shelter could be modified, is a shelter like a Duomid a good candidate for having a boot installed to be used with a small wood stove?

Ross L BPL Member
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Doug

I have both a Duomid and a TG Vertex 5, the Vertex outfitted with a stove boot and cylinder stove. Personally I would find the Duomid a bit too cramped with a stove in it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Loading...