Topic

Trying to decide on size of Cuben tie out reinforcements

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 6:55 am

I am hoping to bond all the tie outs to the tarp I am working on today. It is a 5X7X9 cat cut tarp made out of .51 cuben. I am having trouble deciding on what size reinforcement. On my hexamid they are about 3" if you measure up the leg of the triangle. Some people seem to use much larger. I was thinking 4"-5" would probably be a good size but I can not make a decision. I will be using 1.43 oz cuben for the reinforcements.

Would someone with some field experience mind weighing in on what a good size will be?

Thanks again.

Steven Evans BPL Member
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 8:17 am

Hi James,
Search for "testing cuben fiber tieouts" in google. This should give you a good starting point and an idea on strength.

PostedDec 14, 2013 at 10:27 am

Steven,

Thank you for the suggestion. I did Search here and Google but am having trouble finding sizes. I have looked through Suluk's test and he does mention a size but others don't seem to. I may just go with what he used so I can keep moving along.

PostedDec 14, 2013 at 11:40 am

Oops! Sorry about that Steven. Your videos encouraged me to begin working with cuben. I made some stuff sacks back when Lawson was selling that yellow cuben.

I decided to go with the measurements you were using in those tests with the addition of a rounded base.

thanks,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...