Topic

DWR spray on EE RevX quilt?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
M F BPL Member
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 5:48 am

I had trouble with my englighted equipment quilt absorbing water from condesation on the PCT. Was hoping to use spray on waterproofer to give it a little extra water repellency, at least in the foot box, before CDT. Does anyone have experience with this? I am worried about ruining the quilt.

PostedDec 14, 2013 at 8:52 am

Good question. You could ask Tim Marshall directly, he's very good at responding to customer emails. Please share what you find here, I'm in the same boat…er, quilt…as you. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

PostedDec 14, 2013 at 9:01 am

Agreed, I'd love to have a little extra peace of mind for the bottom couple of feet.

Art Tyszka BPL Member
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 10:12 am

+1 on asking Tim directly, but FWIW I used Nikwax on my EE 10d Rev and haven't seen any problems associated with it. The new material he's using in the Enigma (and I think now the Rev) is fantastic as-is in repelling light condensation and water drops. But I too had the same issue with the previous 10d letting moisture in.

M F BPL Member
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 10:46 am

Sent tim an email.. Will keep you updated!

M F BPL Member
PostedDec 14, 2013 at 12:08 pm

"I'm nervous about it but Grangers or McNett products built for use with down goods should be ok

-Tim "

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...