Topic

Hip belt usage and the squish-fit ?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
PostedDec 13, 2013 at 9:39 am

Noob question here. If past threads address this a link would be great.

So, my middle is padded and it's a bit of a euphemism to say that I might be able to perch some of the weight of my pack "atop" my hip bones what with the luv handles being the proud selves that they are.

I've got a pack now that has a very generous lumbar pad so we do make contact with some lean-ish tissue there, but the rest is kind of a squish-fit.

I am losing weight but I'm 50 and the belly fat is doggedly hanging on. I suppose I'm just going to have to carry more weight on the shoulders than is ideal.

Any voices of experience here to lend some insight for best, most comfortable pack set-up?

PostedDec 13, 2013 at 10:00 am

I've always just angled the front of the hip belt down to avoid that problem. Even when I was 200 lbs (at 5'8") I never carried any weight on my shoulders. Even with heavy (>50 lbs) loads.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...