Topic

Calling All Stoic Hadron Anorak owners: weight question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Calling All Stoic Hadron Anorak owners: weight question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

What size do you have and how much does it weigh?

After seeing a gearswap listing for a size large at 7.1oz, and older threads stating a small weighs in around 6.6 oz, medium around 7.4oz. I was curious why my size S weighs much more. It definitely is a size small so not misslabeled, as I'm 5'6", 155# and it fits me nicely while the medium fits people much larger than me with plenty of room to layer underneath.

My size small comes in at 7.34oz (208g, my scale is pretty accurate). Not that I'm complaining, but curious if the extra weight is due to more down accidentally being packed in (would be awesome!) or what. The hood is quite puffy, more than the rest of the jacket, which is quite very lofty considering the amount of down it's rated to have (2.3oz 850FP).

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

My Xl is 240g.

Foo Bar
    BPL Member

@schassey

Locale: Bay Area

My men's size small (bought on clearance late 2011) is 194g, and my girlfriend women's size small (bought on clearance late 2012) came in at 200g.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My size medium weighs 7.9 oz/224 grams. I'm not sure how accurate my scale is. It's Kamenstein brand gotten from Costco.

I'm about your size Andy, and i like the medium because i can layer some under it. My chest is a bit larger at 40.5 in, so maybe that's why i like medium. My wife says i'm barrel chested, whatever that means.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

I have a large (hooded) and it weighs 218.5g or 7.705 oz. Purchased in 2012?. I like this jacket!

Scott Musack
    Spectator

@scottm

Locale: Oregon

My large (hooded) is 8.625oz

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Thanks all for chiming in. Looks like there's just a lot of variability when it comes to this puffy. Let's hope/pretend the extra weight is from extra down :op

Vince Contreras
    BPL Member

@pillowthread

Locale: like, in my head???

"…the extra weight is from extra down."

It is. I can't imagine the amount of fabric used varies much between two size mediums, for example; the amount down fill, absolutely.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

^ what vince said

they are all cut from the same pattern … so its likely the variation is from a bit more down

if you get a pattern cut down jacket, IMO you want it to be OVER weight

;)

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

good point about the fabric being cut from the same pattern.

I think a lot of that extra down went into the hood, as it's so puffy, it "lifts off" of my head, sort of. Maybe one day I'll somehow move than down around to the chest or something (not that they're underfilled or anything).

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

My size small (I think bought in 2012) comes in at 7.2oz on my PLODER scale.

HTH

KJ

Edit: Added size to be more clear

jake.
    BPL Member

@jake-l

Locale: Katahdin

8.5 ounces for my extra large

-jake

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Maybe the extra weigh is from cheaper/heavier down? Mine was filled with 850+ down.

Or it could be….

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Mine is 850+ as well. Are the newest ones different?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools