Topic

glove liners in bed

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking glove liners in bed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I've found that wearing thin glove liners in my sleeping bag in winter is more comfortable than "cool bare hands". And this still allows enough dexterity to work zippers and hood cords.

Anyone else ever worn light gloves to bed in the winter?

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

I wear fingerless wool gloves because they make working a zipper easy.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Not needed. Use the fly in your base layer as a multi-use item :)

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Anyone else ever worn light gloves to bed in the winter?

Absolutely yes! Any time the expected temp is expected to dip towards 35F or lower. Cold fingers, toes and nose are the last barrier to sleep for me

If REALLY cold I'll wear slightly heavier gloves even if I have to take one off to operate zips/drawstrings … can always tuck it into my waistband to keep it found.

Regarding Nick's suggestion … not the fly but hands tucked in waistband keeps my arms from sliding off the pad when lying on my back

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

I use fingerless mittens. They're even more useful in the morning when I'm heating up oatmeal, coffee, tea.

Mike Gervais
    BPL Member

@mikeg

Not really on topic but…
    I HATE lotion on my hands and wont use it ever. But here in arid Utah onset of winter weather = a further drop in ambient humidity and painful, distracting, split skin on the fingertips.

This winter I've taken to wearing liner gloves to bed every night and the problem is solved :-)

One of those "age brings wisdom" things I guess.

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

"Not needed. Use the fly in your base layer as a multi-use item"

The real reason Nick likes to solo backpack. :) Sorry, Nick, I couldn't resist.

Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

Mitch Chesney
    Spectator

@mchesney

Target (http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-men-s-easy-touch-gloves-assorted-colors/-/A-14726240) has some stretch-nylon running gloves. They're great for around camp and sleeping.

Tjaard Breeuwer
    BPL Member

@tjaard

Locale: Minnesota, USA

For true winter conditions I'll wear powerstretch tights, top, balaclava and gloves. Covered with insulated socks, pants and parka.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools