Topic

light weight mini camera tripod ?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedDec 10, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I have a very old mini camera tripod… has 3 legs that measure about 4 inches each… above that an adjustable angel swivel thingie and male thread that screws into the bottom of most cameras.

Mostly I take this along when bagging summits and use it with a self-timer function to snap pics of myself or myself and another on the summit.

Question: does anyone know of something lighter weight than the 1.6 ounces mine weighs?

I am not interested in a trekking pole camera clamp as these would be tough to set up on a summit block and seem to be vulnerable to the wind.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Billy Ray

PostedDec 10, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Yes, I have seen those. But, as you say, they are not lighter weight than what I have.

Erik G BPL Member
PostedDec 10, 2013 at 4:56 pm

This is what I use for my point and shoot camera (Canon Powershot S110). Weight is 0.6oz, and it folds up and fits in the camera case while still attached to the camera. Works pretty well for selfies, HDR shots and longer exposures.

PostedDec 10, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Erik,

thanks… that is a real possibility… at .6 oz I would save a full oz… that's great!

Billy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...