Topic

As Tucas – New UL-specialized store

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals As Tucas – New UL-specialized store

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marco A. Sánchez

@marcoasn

Locale: The fabulous Pyrenees

Howdy!

I've recently opened a new online store specialized in ultralight clothing & backpacking gear: As Tucas.

Among the initial product catalog you can find merino wool and synthetic hoodies, synthetic insulated garments and quilts, tarps and more. During the following weeks more items will be added, like WPB Cuben rainwear.

Custom works are also posible and welcome!

To celebrate the store opening, I offer you a 10% off your purchases through the end of December using coupon code BPL10-WLCM.

PD. Prices shown by default include European Union value added tax (EU VAT). However, sales outside the EU VAT area are not charged EU VAT.

Velimir Kemec
    BPL Member

@velimirkemec

Hi,

I recently bought my first merino beanie from Astucas and can say that Marco (the owner) is very
    good to work with. Responsive on emails and open to do modifications on the gear makes. Merino
    beanie is very soft and comfy without itch factor and very light. My slightly modified beanie (wider cuff) weighs in at 26g. The craftmanship is very good as well.

Cheers

Marco A. Sánchez

@marcoasn

Thanks for your kind comments Velimir!

I wish that you enjoy your beanie as much as I enjoy mine :-)

Regards,
    Marco.

Marco A. Sánchez

@marcoasn

I just realized that coupon code didn't work. It's solved now: you can enter BPL10-WLCM to get a 10% off through the end of December.

Sorry for any inconvenience,
    Marco.

Ian Schumann
    BPL Member

@freeradical

Locale: Central TX

Marco,
    Neat site! Looks like you have a very streamlined shopping cart software running under there, which is better than what many cottage manufacturers can offer.

I like that shipping to the USA takes out the VAT. However, the shipping charges seem quite high. 62 Euro just to ship a <1kg quilt? The equivalent of 62 EUR here could actually purchase a whole new (cheap) sleeping bag, like this one which was mentioned in the forums:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-32-Degree-Adult-Sleeping-Bag-Peacock-Blue-Black/22008955

Regardless of the comparison … 62 EUR just seems high to me — are you sure the shipping calculations are correct?

If they really are correct, maybe there's nothing you can do about it. But, just thought I would mention this to you in the hope of providing positive feedback. I think the shipping charges might make a significant barrier to a lot of overseas customers.

Marco A. Sánchez

@marcoasn

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, that shipping charges are correct at this moment. The problem with a quilt is that it is a big parcel. It those cases Spanish Postal Service applies a volumetric price, so it's like sending a 5kg parcel. In addition, spanish customs charge me another 15 €. Crazy!

I really understand your position, and I know that I'm not competitive at this point. For smaller items shipping charges are more reasonable.

I'm working with several couriers to get better prices. I hope that in a few days I can offer (much) better shipping costs.

Regards,
    Marco,

Ian Schumann
    BPL Member

@freeradical

Locale: Central TX

Sounds good Marco, thanks for your transparency. Too bad for those high charges! Good luck with getting started, and with alternate shipping options. Otherwise, your stuff looks great to me at first glance. Just one opinion of course :-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools