Topic

AT Help

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
PostedDec 8, 2013 at 12:18 pm

This summner I am going to be on the east coast visiting family and traveling for a about a month and I want to do A little AT thru hike. I have family all over New England so I want to stay up there, maybe Maine, Massachussets, New Hampshire. Any suggestions. I am thinking 7- 10 days and I'm looking to get pumped up by fellow ultralighters.

Ben C BPL Member
PostedDec 8, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Any of the AT is Maine is great in my book. I haven't done it, but hear most of NH is great too.

Luke Schmidt BPL Member
PostedDec 8, 2013 at 12:58 pm

If you want to be able to say you completed a trail you might consider the Long Trail. Doing it in 10 days might be a stretch but you could try.

Jake D BPL Member
PostedDec 8, 2013 at 2:23 pm

10 days is pretty quick for LT. I did it in 19 days with 1 zero and 2 nero's. in the 18-20mi/day range. NH is way more scenic though.

Could do NH.. 160mi or so some of the most exposed and scenic parts of the AT i'd think.

Jake D BPL Member
PostedDec 9, 2013 at 5:49 am

get the NH 4000 footers map. best 10 bucks you'll spend.

M B BPL Member
PostedDec 9, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Thru-hiking is defined as hiking a long-distance trail end-to-end.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...