Topic

AT Help

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning AT Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Ingalls

@bingalls

This summner I am going to be on the east coast visiting family and traveling for a about a month and I want to do A little AT thru hike. I have family all over New England so I want to stay up there, maybe Maine, Massachussets, New Hampshire. Any suggestions. I am thinking 7- 10 days and I'm looking to get pumped up by fellow ultralighters.

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Any of the AT is Maine is great in my book. I haven't done it, but hear most of NH is great too.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

If you want to be able to say you completed a trail you might consider the Long Trail. Doing it in 10 days might be a stretch but you could try.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

10 days is pretty quick for LT. I did it in 19 days with 1 zero and 2 nero's. in the 18-20mi/day range. NH is way more scenic though.

Could do NH.. 160mi or so some of the most exposed and scenic parts of the AT i'd think.

Benjamin Ingalls

@bingalls

That sounds like an exciting thru hike thanks for the advice.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

get the NH 4000 footers map. best 10 bucks you'll spend.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

Thru-hiking is defined as hiking a long-distance trail end-to-end.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools