Topic

‘jump to first unread’ missing?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support ‘jump to first unread’ missing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bas Hommes

@bhommes

Locale: Europe

I watch nice threads on this forum. I get mails with links if someone posts a new comment. I click on a link and there is the thread and its first post.

I search for a link or button doing 'jump to first unread' or equivalent. I cannot find it. Is it me or is it the forum?

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

nm.

(wrong.)

Bas Hommes

@bhommes

I reformulated the first post hoping to improve and get reply. English is not my native language.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

I just type "Ctrl-End" which takes me to the last post. If there is more than one page of posts, first choose "Show All."

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Yeah, it USED to work like that with Internet Explorer. It still does with Firefox or Chrome. But, I need the IE for work.

About two weeks ago it started looping in the script that was supposed to display the message you selected under IE. It fails to display the message selected. I turned a ticket in on it, but, so far, it is still broke.

There are two methodes of selecting messages from the "Recent Posts" list. One (on the left) takes you to the message that was indicated. The other (on the right) takes you to the general top of the list for the subject. As far as I know, there is no selection for the "last posted" message. You can select the last page, and then select the most recent message, though, this is all manual.

I cannot use the Windows default on this forum. The ad blocker also does not work…a major flaw.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

I use IE9

It used to gray out messages I've read, but now doesn't

A couple times it started working again, and then stopped again

Fortunately, this is far down on my list of aggravations : )

Hmmm… maybe my life would be better if it was at the top of my list of aggravations…

Bas Hommes

@bhommes

I will assume 'jump to first unread' (btw not 'jump to last posting') does not exist here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools