Topic

the march of ultralightweight clothing technology

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Bob Gross BPL Member
PostedDec 7, 2013 at 10:57 pm

A few years ago, I noticed that my old backpacking rain pants weighed too much, maybe six ounces. So, I ordered up a pattern/kit from Thru-Hiker for the Liberty Ridge pants. They were about half waterproof and half breathable, so that works good for rain pants. I sewed them up, and they were finished at 2.45 ounces (for my size). Recently, I thought that I had lost them (they are black in color), so I ordered up the same thing. Of course, right after they shipped, I found the first ones. Anyway, I got the second kit and sewed them up. They finished at 2.37 ounces. Same size, same fabric.

That means I saved almost two grams!

–B.G.–

BPLwiia BPL Member
PostedDec 8, 2013 at 5:34 am

Every light bit helps and now you have a backup too!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...