I guess these are a thing of the past? Cant seem to find a size large anywhere in the USA. Does anyone use these for winter hiking/snowshoeing with lightweight trail runners/boots?
Topic
vapour barrier sock liners
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
http://www.mountaintools.com/cat/techwear/Socks/integraldesignsvaporbarriersocks.htm
http://www.mec.ca/product/5005-366/integral-designs-vapour-barrier-liner-socks-unisex/
Here are a couple.
Edit: I haven't used these.
mec.ca is in canada…mountaintools I did come accross, they are basicaly the only one I have found thus far..thankyou.
Sorry, glazed over the "from USA" part.
There's a few articles on winter footwear. Many use the NRS Hydroskin for a similar purpose. Thin and comfortable neoprene sock that's warm and vapor proof if you seal the seams.
I have been searching for the same. Does this meet your criteria?
http://warmlite.com/vapor-barrier-clothing
I haven't purchased yet … I'm basically just looking for something that will last a little longer and fit a little better than the bread bags I have been using.
those look good..nice price too
For winter I use diver's neoprene socks (thinner version) thin over poly sock liners. I weam seal teh neoprene socks.
These are worn with feltpacks when I wear Sorrel boots or NEOS to keep the insulation dry. They are a MUST when overnight camping, as are the removable liners.
My Scarpa 2 ski boots have removable liners and I wear the same neoprene socks with them too when winter ski camping.
The closed cell neoprene socks are far warmer than their thickness would suggest.
Become a member to post in the forums.

