Topic

Most efficient/least residue Esbit stove?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ethan A. BPL Member
PostedDec 4, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Currently which Esbit stove provides the most efficient burn and least residue inside Caldera Cones and windscreens? The latest Zelph Esbit stove seen on the forums not long ago?

Robert Blean BPL Member
PostedDec 4, 2013 at 10:36 pm

I do not know about the most efficient, and I certainly do not know about the lowest residue, but I would point out that the Flat Cat Epicurean can burn for something like 50 minutes on one Esbit tablet. I would guess that might make it pretty efficient.

Ethan A. BPL Member
PostedDec 4, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Thanks Robert, saw it recently. Does it perform well in any cone? I would assume so as it was made to work with the Flat Cat Bobcat and other wrap stoves.

Got an email from Jon at Flatcatgear explaining that the Epicurean was really designed for simmering/baking and that that the Focus Fire 14 is being designed for highly efficient boiling.

Ethan A. BPL Member
PostedDec 5, 2013 at 11:35 pm

How does the Focus Fire 14 perform for you?

Anyone try it in a TD Caldera Cone?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...