Topic

PossumDown alert

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
PostedDec 4, 2013 at 10:29 am

Do not try to purchase PossumDown from a website called Shop New Zealand!!
Just wanted to let everyone know that I placed an order for PossumDown hat and gloves from Shop New Zealand EIGHT months ago and still haven't received them. Shop New Zealand (SNZ) says they sent them, but I double checked my address and it was correct. Now SNZ will not give me a refund until they locate my "lost" package. It looks like I'll never get my money back. There were negative reviews for SNZ especially regarding shipping and delivery, but I took a chance because I'd love to try the PossumDown. Now I'm out $70.00.

Marc Kokosky BPL Member
PostedDec 4, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Sorry, sucks to be taken.

Just contact PayPal or your CC to file a dispute and let them know the issue and let them sort it out. You'll get your money back at least.

PostedDec 4, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I bought gloves from Shop NewZealand.
Very cheap postage and pretty fast delivery too (from NZ to Australia)
The problem is with "cheap postage". There is no registration nor signature required so anyone can take the parcel at the customer end.
When I purchased from them I remember that others here had done the same with no problem at all.

Justin Baker BPL Member
PostedDec 4, 2013 at 4:29 pm

It's too late to open a claim with paypal. This same thing happened to me with a jacket. You should always file a claim before the time is up (i think its 2 months?)

Nick Gatel BPL Member
PostedDec 4, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I bought some gloves from him, but I think he is no longer carrying them.

PostedDec 4, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I hope you can get it resolved via PP as others have suggested. That's a lot of money to lose. I bought a couple of pair of mittens last year, but from EcoWool, IIRC.

  BPL Member
PostedDec 4, 2013 at 5:48 pm

The best place to buy PossumDown products is from ecowool.

I have bought probably close to, if not over, $500 worth of products from them. Impeccable company and perfect shipping to the USA.

PostedDec 4, 2013 at 7:39 pm

To OP, have you ever tried Alpaca gloves? If made well, and of good quality, they are pretty nice, and more durable than Possum stuff (so i've heard, that possum down can be fairly fragile).

I've been thinking about making some felted Alpaca mitts.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Loading...