Topic

PCT Pocket Maps (5th Edition)

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Derek M. BPL Member
PostedDec 4, 2013 at 1:17 am

Has anyone used the PCT Pocket Maps (put together by Scott Parks from Postholer.com) that can comment on them?

If these are as accurate as the website indicates, then I think they are just what I've been searching for, which is kind of a mix between Halfmile's PCT maps (accurate and free, but uncondensed) and Erik the Black's PCT Pocket Atlas (very well laid out, but notoriously inaccurate, and outrageously priced).

From looking at the online preview of the first few sections of the PCT Pocket Maps, the maps appear to be pretty fantastic… with a great layout, a very useful scale, an elevation profile for each map, and clearly marked salient features like: water, trail mileage, trail junctions, campsites, caches, trail magic, etc…

Anyway, I'd love to hear from those of you who have used these maps in the field and might be able to share your opinion about them. Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...