Topic

LOOKING TO FORM A NETWORK OF WEST MICHIGAN HIKERS

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion LOOKING TO FORM A NETWORK OF WEST MICHIGAN HIKERS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    THOMAS HOOKER
    BPL Member

@hiker

Hello West Michigan Hikers. I am a 55 year old married family man. My friend of 50 and
    I are looking to form and grow a network of fellow hiking enthusiasts who enjoy the
    beauty of nature to hike with .We both fell in love with hiking years ago, but my new
    friend and I don't like hiking alone. Our families do not care for hiking. We'd like to share
    the beauty of hiking with others.We are in need of other hikers who have good morals.
    We are looking for people who live within a hours drive of Holland or Grand Rapids. I
    think you will find us to be good company as most people do. We are God fearing people,
    honest and kind hearted. People say We both have a good sense of humor. We like to do
    between 3-5 hour hikes.We like to go nice and slow to really take it all in. We are
    looking for people who really do have the true desire and time to hike. If you would like
    to meet over a cup of coffee to meet us please e-mail me at [email protected] Tom

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

chuck w
    BPL Member

@kcwins

Locale: WY

There is a group on FB too if you partake in FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/545823652126679

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

I already mentioned on the "other" lightweight backpacking forum, where the OP made an identical post, that there is an active meetup group in nearby Grand Rapids, which I found on a cursory 30 second google search.

Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

>> "We are in need of other hikers who have good morals."

Maybe the already established groups didn't meet his criteria. ;)

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

That's why I also suggested he ask around at his church and consider forming a group there.

While I've never questioned the value systems or religion of fellow hikers, I've never met any who weren't kind and considerate or who engaged in illegal/immoral activities. Maybe I've been lucky, but IMHO at least 95% of hikers are the good guys and gals!

Ed Biermann
    BPL Member

@longstride

Sad that he's been looking so long. All his posts here have been the same for four years.

LOOKING TO FORM A NETWORK OF WEST MICHIGAN HIKERS
    Hello West Michigan Hikers. I am a 55 year old married family man. My friend of 50 and I are looking to form and grow a network of fellow hiking enthusiasts who enjoy the beauty of nature to hike…
    In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » LOOKING TO FORM A NETWORK OF WEST MICHIGAN HIKERS
    2 days ago
    WEST MICHIGAN HIKERS LOOKING FOR OTHERS TO HIKE WITH
    Hello West Michigan Hikers. I am a 53 year old family man looking for fellow hiking enthusiasts who enjoy the beauty of nature. I fell in love with the most unpopular activity there is in West Mic…
    In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » WEST MICHIGAN HIKERS LOOKING FOR OTHERS TO HIKE WITH
    about a year ago
    HIKING IN WEST MICHIGAN AREA :-)
    Hello West Michigan Hikers. I am a 53 year old family man looking for fellow hiking enthusiasts who enjoy the beauty of nature. I fell in love with the most unpopular activity there is in West Mi…
    In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » HIKING IN WEST MICHIGAN AREA :-)
    about a year ago
    FIND FELLOW WEST MICHIGAN HIKERS TO HIKE WITH
    Hello West Michigan Hikers. I am a 51 year old family man looking for fellow hiking enthusiasts who enjoy the beauty of nature. I fell in love with the most unpopular activity there is in West Mi…
    In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » FIND FELLOW WEST MICHIGAN HIKERS TO HIKE WITH
    3 years ago
    UP DATED AD
    Hello West Michigan Hikers. I am a 51 year old family man looking for fellow hiking enthusiasts who enjoy the beauty of nature. I fell in love with the most unpopular activity there is in West Mi…
    In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » LOOKING FOR FELLOW WEST MICHIGAN HIKERS
    3 years ago
    LOOKING FOR FELLOW WEST MICHIGAN HIKERS
    Hello West Michigan Hikers. I am a 50 year old family man looking for fellow hiking enthusiasts who enjoy the beauty of nature. I fell in love with the most unpopular activity there is in West Mi…
    In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » LOOKING FOR FELLOW WEST MICHIGAN HIKERS
    4 years ago

Personally I think hiking with just one other person is grand.

Peter Treiber
    BPL Member

@peterbt

Locale: A^2

nm

Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

>> Sad that he's been looking so long. All his posts here have been the same for four years.

I've seen them too and, to be frank, the fact that he posts the same announcement but doesn't ever seem to return to the sites or participate in the forums seems odd. Couple that with the language about God and morals and, well, it comes off a little creepy to me. I live in southern Michigan and hiking certainly isn't the "most unpopular activity" here.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

I kind of wondered the same thing…living in chicago almost all our destinations were in Western Michigan, and frankly one of my pet peeves is that those places are SO crowded you barely get any wilderness experience.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools