Topic

pyramid inner

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Rick Adams BPL Member
PostedDec 2, 2013 at 10:21 pm

I was thinking about buying an inner for my oware 10 x 10. Does anyone here have an inner that gets significant use? They are on gear swap all the time (the smaller ones). An indicator? I'm often in skeeter country and my mesh hood bivy is pretty warm.

Jeff M. BPL Member
PostedDec 2, 2013 at 11:38 pm

I've used the single person versions from Bear Paw and MLD. They work well when you want a little more room/ventilation than a bivy provides and they keep the bugs away. I love mine and use it with my duomid and cricket tarps.

PostedDec 3, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I have MLDs solo innernet for my duomid and love it. I was afraid it was going to be too small or constricting, but not at all. It's perfect.

PostedDec 3, 2013 at 11:56 pm

been messing with a bpwd pyranet 1 under the lair. nice match.
just the right amount of room, easy pitch. i found other 'a frame' pitch
nets to be too cumbersome, too wide, and not tall enough.
love mine so far.

Sunny Waller BPL Member
PostedDec 4, 2013 at 8:36 am

I use the SMD Serenity Net Tent in my ULTA MID. It comes with elastic guylines with plastic hooks. You do not have to stake it out..you can just clip it in and leave it there. This is perfect for solo use…half of my mid is open and the other side is bug mesh with a floor.

Rick Adams BPL Member
PostedDec 5, 2013 at 12:19 pm

So it sounds like the inners get used for the smaller shelters, but not so much for the big mids. I guess that makes sense as a larger inner would require a rare large flat piece of real estate. Thanks

Nathan R BPL Member
PostedDec 9, 2013 at 5:31 am

I use a pyranet 4 for my sl5 pretty regularly when my family comes along. It doesn't fit perfectly with the sl5 but It keeps the bugs out, has a nice big bathtub that cuts cold drafts, and leaves room around the sides to keep rain, dew off packs etc.

Ito Jakuchu BPL Member
PostedDec 9, 2013 at 6:10 am

I have a Sea to Summit Nano Mosquito Pyramid Net for in my Locus Gear Khufu Mid. It weighs 137gr. and is made of a fine 15D mesh. It doesn't have a floor though, although I think Sea to Summit makes versions with floors too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Loading...