Topic

Hydration bladder with zip and threads for sawyer mini?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
chris smead BPL Member
PostedDec 2, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Anyone know of a water bladder with a big zip opening like platypus but with a regular threaded opening like the sawyer bags?

Would be nice to have the big zip opening for scooping up water, yet still be able to screw the sawyer mini directly to the bladder.

Steven Paris BPL Member
PostedDec 2, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Christopher,

I think it's easier to have the regular bladder(s) and then have a scoop for water. I use the lower half of an older platypus or MSR bladder. Much easier to fill this and pour from the angled side of the scoop. Hope that makes sense.

Edit: the scoop makes a handy small "sink" for in camp.

Brendan Yeager BPL Member
PostedDec 2, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I got the easy-fill hydration bladder adapter for mine. It let's you fill your bladder using the bag that came with the mini without taking it out of your bag. It is extremely convenient. You can also pop the quick release off and create a nice spout for cooking, cleaning, etc. you just lift the opening above the bladder and pop the quick release back on to shut it off. I haven't put them on a scale but I can't imagine the components weigh more than .2 ounces.

http://www.rei.com/product/858765/sawyer-fast-fill-hydration-pack-adapter-kit

You just need the the 2 little pieces with the mini, not the threaded cap.

I read a lot of complaints about the fill bags which came with the original squeeze but it sounds like they updated them for the mini. I like the bag it came with. the only complaint I have is that they don't fill very well by submersion – you are much better off finding some falling water.

Brendan Yeager BPL Member
PostedDec 2, 2013 at 2:31 pm

After re-reading your post I realized that my reply doesn't make any sense (it's been a long day).

I agree that it would be a lot easier to fill the dirty bag with a larger opening – the trick would be to find something that wasn't significantly heavier than the standard bag.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...