Topic

Should i keep my hardcore wind rain pants?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
dave e BPL Member
PostedNov 29, 2013 at 3:51 pm

I have a new and unworn pair of outdoor research wind/rain pants that have been in the closet for 1 year at least.They have the full double zip sides and velcro closures.They are really nice but will i ever use them?For california they may be overkill.If my hiking pants get rain on them i dont mind.These add some bulk and they will make me sweat in cali i think.Im sort of torn about getting rid of them.The only place i really needed these would have been in the french alps were it rained on off for 7 days but even then my wet legs didnt bother me much.Should i dump these or will i regret it?

Dale Wambaugh BPL Member
PostedNov 29, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Seems like a standard outdoor item, as opposed to some exotic bit of gear or a gadget. If I made a list of something that any outdoors-oriented person should have, I'm sure that rain pants would be on the list, just like sunglasses or insect repellent.

Now **which** rain pants to have, well that is a long-winded argument here :) I have a pair of Marmot Precip full-zip pants in my gear locker. One thing about side zips: you can use them as vents, which tackles the sweaty concerns you expressed.

And best of all, they are paid for!

PostedNov 29, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I'd keep them too. If it was colder, 7 days of wet legs might bother you enough to wear them.

dave e BPL Member
PostedDec 2, 2013 at 7:05 am

thanx…i guess i ll keep em for a 'rainy day'-haha!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...