Topic

What tape are we using with cuben these days.

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedNov 29, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Last time I made cuben gear I used 3M 9485PC tape when not sewing. Is there anything better/more available on the market now? I'm having trouble finding any articles or forum entries written recently.

Thank you

bjc BPL Member
PostedNov 29, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Check out Yama Mountain, Bearpaw Designs, and Zpacks. They all sell cuben tape. All three are pretty good at answering questions about such things.

Mark Fowler BPL Member
PostedNov 29, 2013 at 3:38 pm

The roll of 25mm tape I just received from ZPacks appears to be 3M 9472.
All these codes (9458 • 9471 • 9471PC • 9472 • 9671 • 9672 • 9673 • 9674) use the same adhesive, only the thickness of the adhesive and type of backing seem to change. The 9472 has 5 mil adhesive thickness which 3M recommends for slightly textured surfaces.

PostedNov 29, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Thank you for the responses,

BJ, I had never heard of Yama Mountain Gear, Nice site!

Jerry, I think this is the one I will with since I can get it quicker then the others mentioned. I was debating weather to tape or Hysol the tie outs. Looks like the tape will work well. I may stick with that for the ease of it.

Mark, I was curious what Zpacks uses. I could see from the photo that it was a 3M tape but not which one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...