Topic

Adirondacks – Long hikes and large loop options. Possibly moving there.

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Jon Leibowitz BPL Member
PostedNov 29, 2013 at 9:15 am

Howdy. Everyone recovering from Thanksgiving? :D

There is a slight possibility that I'm moving to the Adirondacks region (Lake Placid area). It may sound silly to most, but I can bet some BPLers will understand – I need to know the hiking options, as I take hiking opportunity into account when contemplating moving. I have come across the Cranberry Lake Loop, which I guess is 50 miles or so for the full loop – sounds awesome! I also know the Long Trail is close, as is the best sections of the AT.

Are there other long distance loops that folks know about in the Daks? I loved the recent featured trip report, but I don't packraft.

Throw some ideas my way!!! Thanks everyone!

Ike Jutkowitz BPL Member
PostedDec 1, 2013 at 1:04 pm

The Northville-Placid Trail at 120 miles is one of the longer options. Lots of ways to turn sections of the NPT into loops as well.

Jon Leibowitz BPL Member
PostedDec 1, 2013 at 9:24 pm

That's looks great! Thanks!

I hiked a bunch in the Daks when I lived there but never did any long distance. Looks like there are great options.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...