Topic

Thankful

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Thankful

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jim logan
    BPL Member

@jim_logan

I am thankful for many things but sharing the top is having great places in Maine to use all the knowledge and equipment we talk about. Chief among these places is Baxter State Park. I just read Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey (definitely NOT a Maine book!) and I am even more thankful that Baxter State Park has its protection — despite some of the frustrations I sometimes feel about that protection. I will be even more thankful when I get there again.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Hope you get there soon.

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Locale: Boulder, CO

thanks for the thread Jim. Just following your theme, but I'm really thankful for all the beautiful terrain west of where I live in Boulder–the flatirons where its easy to escape for daily mini-adventures, and the endless beauty of indian peaks and rocky mountain national park.

From a more materialistic frame, I'm grateful to have the gear I need to enjoy different modes of travel in different seasons (especially skis!) I can easily be distracted by gear minutia (which I'd like to work on :) but generally, I'm really happy to have good quality lightweight kit that helps me feel free and mobile in the mountains.

And lastly, I'm grateful for the friendships that I've developed over the last couple years through shared outdoor adventures. I still only have a couple really great backpacking partners, but I've shared countless good days of skiing, climbing and hiking with some wonderful folks. Grateful.

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

On the hiking theme — I'm thankful that I got to spend many happy years in the northeast hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing, and skiing; enjoying all four seasons. Now I'm in Ed Abbey-land, enjoying our two seasons ("Hot" and "Less Hot") in totally new terrain!

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

I wanted so much to post a reply relating to the move to remove protections from these special places, but can't seem to do this without it sounding political:-(

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools