Topic

Best Tent Ever…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Best Tent Ever…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Greg Yurkovich

@chubbs4u

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

For $1,799 it had better be!

No, thanks.

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

Just ordered one.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Cuben fiber is Indestructible?

-Tim

Hammock Hanger

@hammockhanger

Best to order at least two. One and, you know, a backup spare.

BPLwiia
    Spectator

@bplwiia

…I'm not getting it. I must confess I do like the general design but the peak height is only 38".

This tent has to be for the Manhattan type, with oodles of cash to burn, that has never set foot into the wilderness farther than the shadows of skyscrapers. Wall Street accommodations.

"Ok, now where's the sherpa who sets this thingy up? And Lovie, where can we get a bottle of Balthazar of Château Margaux, preferably 2009? "

Santiago Draco
    Spectator

@santiagodraco

Probably be more appropriate in a joke forum and not the gear deals forum.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Just wait until the wind gets under the edges of that fly. Indestructible????

Chortle.

BPLwiia
    Spectator

@bplwiia

Oh c'mon Santiago, we all need to get a little more fun out of life.

stephen korpi
    Spectator

@skmountainshop-net

Locale: Portland Oregon

Surprisingly, we sold one of these sight unseen to a customer as soon as he heard SD was going to make it. Personally, I'd rather buy three Skyscape X's and still have money left over.
    Regardless, Sierra Designs is not making this tent for next year.

Marko Botsaris
    BPL Member

@millonas

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

I have a taste for expensive high tech gear, but this makes me want to say "there's a sucker born every minute". For that price you'd think they would at least have a video on the web site. With a super model demoing the tent. Naked.

On principle I refuse to even consider anything from a company that advertises cuben as "indestructible". OK, they actually lost me a $2k, but … :-0

Seems like they are marketing specifically to people who (a) don't mind paying that much for gear like that, while (b) don't already know what cuben is. Basically rich DBs. Or as a Christmas present for rich DBs from their trophy wives – using the DBs credit cards.

Kind of a niche demographic. More power to them I guess. LOL

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

My guess is that it was designed as a "hero product"
    That is something that comes to life with the sole purpose of grabbing attention , to highlight the technical achievement of the brand.
    In this case, I think, the point was " have a look at the $2k Mojo but BTW you can get for a few ounces extra the silnylon version for less than $400".

I think that I came across that term first when I was allowed to play with a pre-release Sony Ruvi, a very sexy and ultracompact (at the time) camcorder.
    It was eventually sold only in Japan and in very small quantities.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools